sábado, 31 de janeiro de 2009

...AND A CATCHY TUNE!

Deixo aqui pendurada uma pequena performance dos "mais actuais", The Walkmen.
Talvez ainda haja espaço na Laranja para eles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_fkop71wOc

E aqui fica a respectiva letra:

Well, it's back to the battle today.
But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cause tonight we'll be crazy as kooks.


I'm dancing, grooving.

This lovely wooden floor.

The tom-toms are beating on.

Eyes are so sore.


There is still sand in my suitcase.

There is still salt in my teeth.

I kissed her in the window.

She covered up her face.

She's pretty, a Sherry.

But I'm far, far too late.


Someone said, man,

let's take a drive.

So here I am.

So here I am.


I crashed up a party

nickels and dimes,

A handful of strangers, all friends of mine.

I know that you're married, rings on your hand.

So I didn't stay 'til the end.


I don't need a Christmas card.

You don't need to write.

Last Christmas was black and blue, but this year is white.


The void repeats, repeats a sound so deep in my head.

Goodnight. Keep your shirt on. You can leave the way you came.

Sem comentários: